Paving of inside lanes is complete!
The project schedule is on track, and work has switched over to the outside lanes. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- Concrete is being poured at the Vineland intersection and between Vineland and Dunwoody this week, including Saturday. This will include some nighttime saw cutting on Saturday.
- Typically it takes approximately 7 days for the concrete to cure, so the Vineland intersection is anticipated to open by Friday 10/7 or Saturday 10/8. However, the intersection may open earlier if concrete strength can be secured. The opening is also being coordinated with the Vineland roadway project being done by another contractor.
- The Vineland bus stop will open at the same time as the intersection.
- Once the Vineland intersection is open, the Groveland Terrace and Douglas intersections will be closed. This includes the service road/median area between Groveland and Douglas. The bus stop in this area will also close when the roadways close. Any construction in this area will accommodate the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday 10/9.
- Work will start on the sidewalk on the west side of Lyndale early next week. Starting Monday 10/3, pedestrians will be routed to the newly paved traffic lane, which will be barricaded from general traffic.
- A new bituminous surface will be laid at Dunwoody on Friday or Saturday. New sidewalk sections will be placed so a more direct pedestrian crossing of Dunwoody will be available around Wednesday 10/5.
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Permanent closure
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.